Monday, August 13, 2012

Hello World

This is my inaugural blog post, so I thought I would start with an introduction.  My husband and I just got back from vacation in Northwest Florida and while I was posting dozens of pictures to Facebook, I realized it might be time to start a blog for our adventures.

Our family loves to kayak and I am the trip planner, scouring Florida for waterways to explore.  I have a yellow Eddyline Nighthawk, my husband, John, paddles with a blue Legend, and the boys when they join us, go in an RTM Ocean Duo tandem.  We have paddled in several places in Florida and the biodiversity and scenery differences are amazing to me.  I have seen some of the most beautiful settings and wildlife and often feel like I am paddling into a Nature documentary special.  

My goal will be to post as many of our past adventures as I can and to stay current with all of our recent outings as well.  Part of my trip planning includes surfing the Internet for other people's blogs and trip reports so I hope my reports may help others to plan their own trips one day.

My other current hobbies which I hope to post on here include gardening, specifically for butterflies, raising caterpillars, photographing strange and wonderful insects, bird watching and camping.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment